Sales Management in NetSuite: A Guide for Sales Managers
As a sales manager, your role is pivotal in steering your organization towards greater competitiveness, revenue, and growth. This challenging role requires you to adeptly handle forecasting, planning, budgeting, and setting ambitious sales targets. Achieving these goals is no small feat and necessitates a comprehensive tool that provides total visibility, instant communication, and real-time insights into customer and sales data. This is where NetSuite CRM comes into play, transforming your sales pipeline into a powerhouse of higher revenues and increased profits.
Key Features of NetSuite CRM for Effective Sales Management
1. Automated Lead-to-Cash Process
- NetSuite CRM automates the entire lead-to-cash process, integrating seamlessly with your existing ERP and financial systems. This integration offers real-time visibility into critical aspects like orders, inventory, billing, and customer financials.
- The automation reduces manual data entry, ensuring information flows smoothly across departments.
2. Real-Time Data Access
- Access to up-to-date customer information, including orders, billing, and support issues, is available anytime, anywhere. This feature is crucial for providing timely and accurate customer service.
3. Sales Order Generation
- The CRM enables one-click generation of sales orders from opportunities or quotes, complete with automatic email notifications to customers for approval. This streamlines the sales process and enhances customer engagement.
4. 360-Degree Customer View
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of your customers through a 360-degree view that encompasses the entire customer lifecycle. This insight is invaluable for identifying cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
5. Increased Sales Productivity
- By removing barriers to sales productivity, NetSuite CRM allows your sales team to focus more on engaging with prospects and customers, ultimately driving revenue growth.
While Netsuite helps with sales productivity out of the box – if you really want to increase the productivity of you sales reps then we recommend QSmap – Geolocation for Netsuite.
With QSmap you can:
- Visually see your contact database and sales territories inside on a map interface inside netsuite
- Create sales territories and assign sales reps
- Manage and monitor sales territory performances
- Update Contact records visually
- Plan sales routes and meeting schedules
- Do lead generation and prospecting visually
- Visualize different saved searches to run custom reports
- Run sales reports
NetSuite CRM for Sales Managers
1. Forecasting and Budgeting
- NetSuite’s CRM is equipped with sophisticated analytics tools that allow sales managers to analyze past sales data, market trends, and customer behavior. This data is crucial for making informed predictions about future sales.
- How to Use Sales managers can set up custom reports to track sales performance against targets. By analyzing these reports, they can identify patterns and predict future sales, which helps in setting realistic and achievable sales targets.
- NetSuite enables detailed tracking of sales expenses and revenues, allowing managers to allocate budgets more effectively. They can identify areas where spending is high and adjust budgets to optimize ROI.
2. Customizable Dashboards
- NetSuite’s dashboards are highly customizable. Sales managers can create dashboards that display real-time data on sales metrics such as lead conversion rates, average deal size, sales cycle length, and team performance.
How to Use:
By monitoring these KPIs, managers can quickly identify areas that need attention and make data-driven decisions. For example, if the lead conversion rate is low, they might need to revise their sales strategies or provide additional training to the sales team.
3. Mobile Accessibility:
- NetSuite CRM is accessible on mobile devices, providing sales teams with the flexibility to access critical data anytime, anywhere.
- How to Use: Sales managers can use this feature to stay updated on their team’s performance, even when they are out of the office. They can approve deals, access customer information, and respond to urgent queries promptly, which enhances decision-making and customer service.
Improve your sales game
See how Geocoding can increase you sales performance and get started for free.