Lead Management In NetSuite: NetSuite Lead to Quote Process
NetSuite offers a comprehensive solution that not only manages leads but also aids in generating quotes efficiently – providing a one stop shop to manage your sales process and sales strategy end to end.
In this guide, we’ll explore how to do effective lead management in NetSuite all the way from defining a sales strategy to running marketing campaigns for lead generation & nurture sequences to move these leads through the sales cycle. We will then look at how the lead to quote process work in NetSuite as well.
Lead Management Process In NetSuite:
Lead management is an operating procedure which needs a broader sales strategy to be in place first. This sales strategy and sales process end up defining the lead management process.
1.Setting the Stage: Sales Strategy in NetSuite
- Defining Your Sales Strategy:
Begin by outlining the reports and metrics essential for tracking success. Establish sales quotas and understand how marketing campaigns can feed quality leads into your sales funnel.
2.Lead Management: From Routing to Conversion
Automated Lead Routing:
NetSuite’s lead routing rules ensure that incoming leads are promptly assigned to sales reps automatically, ensuring immediate follow-up.
Transitioning from Lead to Prospect:
Once a lead is qualified, it evolves into a prospect record.
From here, you can generate opportunities or navigate them through various pipeline stages until a quote is produced.
3.Quoting and Beyond
Generating and Sending Quotes:
After creating a quote, the next phase is the order to cash process, which we’ll delve into in upcoming content.
Handling Existing Customers:
For those who’ve already made a purchase, their prospect records transform into customer records. This retains all the data gathered during the sales journey, enabling further opportunities, quotes, or orders.
4.Sales Forecasting and Reporting
Sales teams can manage their forecasts in tandem with a plethora of pre-configured pipeline and sales reports. This real-time insight ensures that KPIs and sales targets are consistently met.
5. The Power of the NetSuite Dashboard
A Sales Rep’s Best Friend:
The NetSuite dashboard is pre-configured based on leading practices from thousands of companies. It offers reminders, shortcuts, and KPIs essential for sales activities. This is your sales cockpit and needs to reflect your taste, goals and style of work as this can have a massive impact on your productivity.
Data Entry and Integration:
Whether you’re manually entering a new lead or integrating data from an online form, NetSuite has you covered. We recommend using integrations and third party tools to really amplify the power of your NetSuite platform, integration with tools like QSMAP can unlock new insights for you and provide you a much more effective way of prospecting and managing your leads visually.
Customization and Accessibility:
Tailor your dashboard to your needs. From viewing high-value quotes to reminders about upcoming tasks, everything you need is at your fingertips.
Lead To Quote Process In NetSuite:
Now that we have an overview of the broader lead management process and we have a set sales strategy in place – let’s see how we can use NetSuite to generate and send quotes to our prospects to turn them into paying customers.
Step 1: Entering Leads into NetSuite
- 1.1 Navigate to the lead entry section within NetSuite. OR
- 1.2 Choose your method of lead entry: manual input, data import, or online form registration. OR
- 1.3 Input or import essential lead information such as email, phone number, assigned sales rep, industry, number of employees, and annual revenue.
Step 2: Managing Lead Information
- 2.1 Scroll to the sub-tabs section at the bottom of the lead record.
- 2.2 Add detailed information such as multiple contacts for the lead.
- 2.3 Record phone calls, schedule tasks, and set events for follow-up.
- 2.4 Attach relevant documents to the lead record for easy access.
Step 3: Tracking Lead Progression
- 3.1 Utilize the sales sub-tab to monitor lead qualification analytics.
- 3.2 Once a lead is qualified, assign it to the appropriate prospect stage.
- 3.3 Use this data to gain visibility into your sales pipeline and forecast potential sales.
Step 4: Creating a quote
- 4.1 Goto the create new button inside the prospect record and select quote
- 4.2 Use the bottom item sub-tab to start including products. You can select the relevant product and NetSuite will calculate availability margins and other relevant data.
- 4.3 Navigate to the shipping tab to select your shipping provider
- 4.4 Send or save the quote using the save and email button in the top left corner